The everyday ramblings of an everyday geek.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

CVS

I've been working on a silly little project to et me up to speed with
Java 5. Its the largest project I've tried to write in my spare time
and its pretty much a full J2EE application. I've got to say I'm
incredibly impressed with the additions for Java 5. The new foreach,
enums and type collections are absoutely invaluable. They have a few
nuances, but I was up and running with them in under an hour. The
daft thing is that there is nothing here that hasn't been in .Net for
years - next they'll be adding delegates!

The other thing that I've been really impressed with is CVS. I
installed it on The Beast just to see what all the fuss was about.
Wow. It has completely changed the way I store my source code. Using
CVS in Eclipse is so simple and effective as to make you wonder why
you would ever store your source conventional file again. If you do
any coding from HTML to assembler you have to check out CVS. Sayin g
that, I'm probably the last coder on the planet to figure this out ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home